– Web development takes time. Maintenance, software updates, upgrades, graphic design, creativity, enhanced security- it all takes time. A website takes time to build, but it takes constant time and energy to maintain. So unless your website is your full time job, then you’ll need that time and energy to focus on your business. Make sure your website is getting the focus it needs to work for your business.
– A good web developer knows what they’re doing. Sure there are all kinds of little website kits out there but there is so much more to a website than what comes in a kit. There’s trouble- shooting and maintenance, knowing where to look for errors, what error codes mean, and even more importantly what direction technology is moving in. Technology is constantly changing and morphing into the next phase which means your website should be too. If you want your website to be great and stay great then hire someone who knows what they’re doing.
– As a business owner your focus should be on your business- marketing, sales, products, team building, networking, expanding, etc. As a web developer, their job is to focus on your website. A web developer routinely checks your site, and not just the front end of it but the back end…all the server stuff, maintenance, upgrades, new versions of CMS features, link structure. Your website will suffer if it’s not getting the time and attention it needs, just like your business will suffer if you aren’t able to give it 100% of your focus.
– Your web developer doesn’t have to do everything. Maybe you already built your website but need help with on-going maintenance, or maybe you have a great website but you need help increasing traffic to your website, or you may need internet marketing assistance like Google Adwords Campaign management, or you need someone who can take care of the whole spectrum of design, development, hosting, and maintenance. Web developers perform a WIDE range of services regarding website development, graphic and print design, internet marketing, SEO, hosting, etc. Pick and choose based on your specific needs. There is no benefit in trying to do it all yourself if your website isn’t reaching its maximized potential.
– Your website has the potential to be an incredibly powerful tool for your business. However not everyone understands how to maximize that potential so that your website creates an impact for your business. The purpose of a website isn’t just to exist it’s a tool to be used. A house isn’t just built, a house is lived in. A great web developer maximizes the potential of your website through the use of SEO, Internet Marketing, Analytic Reporting, Ad Campaigns, Social Media Integration, responsive design, mobile application, effective link structure, ease of updating. Hiring a web developer should be an investment for your business…meaning that done right, you should see measurable results due to the effectiveness of your website.
Hiring a web developer is an investment for your business; which means that by doing so, you should see measurable results and returns because of it.